TOGAF 9 Certified Exam Preparation

Brief about exam:

This exam is a scenario based test after finishing the foundation exam (P-1). For more info on how I did prepare for P-1, follow this post -TOGAF 9 Foundation Exam Preparation
There are 8 scenarios in the exam ans each correct scenario has 5 marks and 3 marks for the second best and 1 for the so-so answer. The distractor or false answer gets 0 marks. The pass mark for this exam is 60%. That means 24/40 is needed to clear the exam. This exam is an open book exam and the TOGAF study book (PDF file) is available for each question. You can just click on REFERENCE button under the question and that opens up the book to refer and answer the question. This font of this book was very small and searching was horrible for me to locate the content. I got many network failure or exam reboot issues while opening the book while answering the questions. May be the prometric center has some problems in their machines.

My way of preparation:

Coming to the way of preparation for this exam is like whatever the knowledge in foundation exam won't be sufficient to clear the exam. Mainly this part is focusing on the deliverable of each phase with detailed information. It is better to prepare a cheat sheet to understand the phase wise deliverable before attempting the exam. I had a sheet mentioned down below to get an idea on how to organize the information. Also, some of the items I did memorize from the exam stand point. For eg: Architecture principles, Architecture Models, Objectives. I read the actual exam material once from the website and noted important points. I think my notes was very useful for me to clear the exam. I didn't try to memorize the diagrams and the flows. To me, it took 3-4 weeks of time with 1-2 hours of daily preparation on regular days and 4-5 hours on weekends. As this is a dry subject to read, sometimes I lost the interest to go through it. The fundamental thing for these kind of dry subjects is like we shouldn't give up or we shouldn't lose the patience.

Tips for the new aspirants:


1) Read the whole book/material once from https://www2.opengroup.org/ogsys/catalog/b097 
2) Follow the below sites
  1. https://setandbma.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/togaf-preparation-aid-for-part-2/
  2. http://togaf9certprep.blogspot.com/
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4NKwoaLk4&list=PL2FF5FCBA1AF9B8FA
3) Prepare the notes with all points in your understanding
4) Create the sheets or follow the below sheets
5) Memorize the important topics as I mentioned above

My exam questions and the areas where I got tested:


I got the questions on mainly in these areas - Skills FW, Content Meta model, Security, Risk Management, Stakeholders views & viewpoints, Architecture development, Target biz architecture, Transition architecture. To me, it was not that tough to answer 6 questions out of 8. Why because those 2 questions were not straight forward and you should have command on the subject to answer them.

Finally, once you are thorough with all above then start taking the sample exams from the above mentioned websites. To me, some of the answers for the sample questions are not correct but make sure to discuss with experts who already cleared the exam. Get the suggestions from the seniors and make yourself accordingly.

Bottom line:

To me, this exam is  not that tough to clear but the way of our hard work, the way of our understanding, the way of our though process, the way of our visualization etc. are most important to pass it with good marks.My sincere advise is not to depend too much on others and try to do combine studies and avoid the coaching for this exam. If your self preparation is in right way then you are good to go and pass the exam.

******** Wish you all the best *************

View my verified achievement on Acclaim.

PS: Don't ask any dumps or questions. I gave all the preparation material and nothing to hide from
my side.


TOGAF 9 License# 91516

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Claude to Pega Infinity 25.1.3 via MCP — Step-by-Step

Build Pega Applications with GitHub Copilot CLI, Pega Infinity AI Plugin & MCP — Branch-Based Agentic Authoring

itextpdf API to generate PDF doc from an image file using Pega PE