My PegaWorld 2017 (6/4/17-6/6/17) Visit

Though it was my 3rd PegaWorld visit in Las Vegas, NV but this time I have some special updates to share in this post. All my earlier PW visits in 2013(Orlando) & 2014(Washington DC) through Hartford insurance were to understand the way of conducting the event,how the other customers feel about Pega usage etc etc. Similarly, this PW event was also following the same footsteps of earlier events. But, the response from this PW is amazing and the speaker notes from CEO was really good. The best part of PW event which I feel is the announcement from CEO on the courses in PDN are FREE 😊. The main focusing areas from Pega in this event is AI/Robotics and some of the cool features of V7.3 along with improving CRM side to compete SF. These are all just my understanding points 😊. Let's not worry about Pega strategies, road-maps, etc for now.

My memories in this PW'17:
1) For the first time, I have got selected in lottery for FREE entry pass ($1095) to register myself. Pega sent an email on this and gave 100 free passes across globe. Lucky that I was one among them 😊
2) During registration time I was asked to select "play chess with CEO" and I just opted to check my luck 😊. By GOD grace I got selected to play chess with grand master - Mr. Alan Trefler on 6/5 @4:30 PM PST. I thank PW team who gave an opportunity to play with him. PW team selected 20 players to play chess with him and I am one of the lucky guys in that group 😊. Oh by the way, I played and lost the game at the end 😊. To be honest, I didn't spend time to brush-up my chess skills. My only intention is to meet the big shot personally and have a selfie with him 😊. That's all. But, there were 4-5 candidates won against Alan.
3) As usual, I took flight from Lon Beach to Las Vegas on 6/4 and went there. Thought it was real hot in Las Vegas (103 F) on that day but somehow I reached the venue (MGM Grand). Let me thanks to Rama Bhatlapenumarhi who gave me the shared accommodation in his room @ MGM.
4) As usual, I started meeting with my old friends, colleagues, big shots etc. By the way, 20 of my company folks were in this event and we had a WA group to check the updates as well 😊
5) Without missing, I had attended the speaker notes from CEO and other Pega folks on the stage. There are few customer success stories presented during PW event and I personally like couple of them (transavia airline and General Motors).
6) Tech Pavilion is the one where all the partners/exhibitors/sponsors & Pega people would show the products, features, components etc in their respective booths. This is usual stuff in all the PW events and no surprise in it. The good part of this place to learn and understand the unknown concepts, if we have. Most importantly, the freebies from most of the booths after the demos is really good for us 😊. In this year, I like some of the demos from Pega and other companies. Off course, there are few companies who tried to get the biz from customers 😊. Let's not bother about these deals in our blog.
7) As a part of recognizing the companies from Pega, we got an award in Robotics area and was given to Optum. Not sure the exact usecase or the work related to this Robotics where we won the award 😊. From Optum side, most of them were gathered and wished with each other. Off course, there is a group photo taken on the closing event day too 😊

Few of the pictorial moments:
#1 is the consolidated pic of chess game event
#2 is with Optum folks
#3 is the whole event
#4 is the Optum group pic
The recorded video for the chess game:
Recorded video link




Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Claude to Pega Infinity 25.1.3 via MCP — Step-by-Step

Build Pega Applications with GitHub Copilot CLI, Pega Infinity AI Plugin & MCP — Branch-Based Agentic Authoring

itextpdf API to generate PDF doc from an image file using Pega PE